I like thinking about goals. I like making lists and I like the planning. The implementation?? Hmmm. That’s a whole other ball game!
I decided to link up with all these fabulous bloggers on goals for our homes for 2012. Mostly because I just want to have a goal and fulfill it. I want to be intentional this year and clearly, intentionality means accountability.
Last year my home suffered dearly for so many reasons. Walls and cabinets that I intended to paint are still as they were, furniture that I wanted to repurpose is still sitting in the garage, crafts and curtains that were to be made have been left in the “to do” pile once again. I have procrastinated and lost my motivation. Mostly due to the fact that we were supposed to be moving last summer and we still haven’t sold and partly due to the fact that when I feel overwhelmed I freeze up and nothing gets done.
So, goals for this year?
1. BUY a house, move in and get dirty right away. I can’t do much about this house although I am going to paint a couple of walls that no new owner will like and it will help my mood to perk up. But moving is top priority and getting a house that we can all live in again is always number 1 in my thoughts.
2. I want my new house to be the landing pad for my kids and all their friends. We have been many years without having the social revolving door happening and we’re so ready for it. I need to make sure there’s a comfy room with comfy furniture, foosball and ping pong!~ these have long been family goals and now’s the time to make it happen!
This is our current basement with a pool table not being used. Gotta change that!
3. I want to make my master bedroom that room where my husband and I love to go rather than just a place to sleep. I’d love a fireplace if we could make that work somehow(it would have to be a fairly big room). I want a big headboard and I’m also working on my very first handmade patchwork quilt for our bed. Gotta get that done before our anniversary in April!
The beginnings of my master bedroom quilt. I think I'm going to love it when it's done!
4. And one of my must-do goals has got to be to make my kitchen functional and working for me every day. I have slacked off on home cooking and baking and I really want to take back those crafts and bless my family daily with homemade goodness.
5. Every bedroom is in need of a new dresser so my mission is going to be to find older dressers to refinish, paint and re-purpose into what will work for each member of the family. I’m actually really excited about this! And night tables too! I’ve already started to pick up some pieces that will need attention sooner than later.
Picked up this little beauty at a sale in the fall.Hoping to give it some life with a new colour for one of the girls' rooms!
I made a list yesterday of things I need to do to start getting my house in order and stop being consumed by stuff! You can read it here: Clean up and Clean Out!
Okay, I think that’s enough. I have a LOT of work to do!! Gotta get on it ! What’s your home goals for this year?